Follow us on:
0748-129-138
View Map

Matthias Corvinus House


Matthias house is located in the center of Cluj-Napoca, on the street with the same name. It is one of the oldest architectural monuments in Cluj Napoca, the only palace of the epoch of transition from Gothic to Renaissance.

In this house, built in the fifteenth century, was born on February 23, 1443, Matthias Corvinus, son of the great prince of Transylvania, John Hunyadi. Matthias was the greatest king of Hungary (1458-1490)

Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral


Raised during the period 1923-1933, by architect George Constantin Pomponiu Cristinel, the Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral belongs to the Romanian Orthodox Metropolitan of Cluj, Alba, Crisana and Maramures. Archdiocese of Vad, Feleac and Cluj.

Fortress Of Cluj


Built between 1715 and 1735, Citadel had as main objective to ensure control of the city, after Transylvania passed under Austrian rule. Star-shaped walls, a redoubt, a tower and ramparts, that surrounded him, were designed by the military architect Giovanni Visconti Murando.

Vauban fortress housed the administrative buildings and armory. During the Revolution of 1848, the fortress was used as a prison, here was closed and executed the famous Saxon humanist and fighter Stephan Ludwig Roth, one of the heroes of the Revolution.

"Alexandu Borza" Botanical Garden


With an area of approximately 14 hectares "Alexandru Borza" Botanical Garden is considered the green stain of Cluj Napoca. Located near the old town, it offers a spectacle of nature being divided into several sections with plants from all over the world.

The Botanical Garden was founded in 1872, with an initial area of 4.3 hectares. By the care of Prof. A. Richter its surface increased to 9.6 hectares. In 1920, Prof. Alexandru Borza has developed a new reorganization plan for the botanical gardens, whose improvement was made between 1920-1930.

Avram Iancu Monument


Avram Iancu monument was raised, in 1995, in honor of the memory of Romanian historical figure, by Elias Berindei sculptor at the request of former mayor of Cluj, Gheorghe Funar.

Located in Avram Iancu Square, the monument is surrounded by a fountain with games of light and water jets that are synchronized to the rhythm of music.

Museum Of Art - Banffy Palace


The Art Museum was founded in 1951, and since 1956 functions in Banffy Palace. It is located in the old city center, in Union Square, at number 30.
Built during the years 1774-1785 by German architect Johann Ederhard Blaumann, Banffy Palace served as the private residence of Count Gyorgy Banffy, governor of Transylvania. Stone architectural decoration was completed with a series of great sculptures in terms of art, made by Anton Schuchbauer.

National Museum Of History Of Transylvania


The National History Museum of Transylvania in Cluj was founded on 23 November 1859. It is located in the Museum Square, on Constantin Daicoviciu street, at no. 2.

Transylvanian Museum Society was able to form a collection of more than 24,000 archaeological, numismatic and other pieces from various fields such as botany, zoology and mineralogy.

Palace Of Justice In Cluj


Palace of Justice in Cluj. Built between 1989-1902 in eclectic style, the Palace of Justice in Cluj, is a historical and architectural monument located at the intersection of Stefan cel Mare Square and Dorobanţilor way. It was designed by Gyula Wagner architect.
Inside the Palace of Justice are 13 courtyards designed to provide ventilation and lighting of existing spaces.

„Simion Bărnuțiu” Central Park


The Central Park "Simion" has a central location in Cluj Napoca, being away from the city noise. It is an ideal place for a walk, the park has a length of 900 m, filled with cobblestone walkways with benches on the side, and a lake on you can make boat ride.
In 1827 the Women's Welfare Association has rented the land in order to establish a place of recreation. In the early 30s of the nineteenth century the park was opened to the public, initially under the name of People's Park. Later alleys and the lake were landscaped and music pavilion was built.

"Romulus Vuia" Ethnographic National Park - Village Museum


Museum Village is located near Hoia forest, one of the largest and richest of Cluj, on continuation which starts from Citadel Hill in the center of Cluj.
The "Romulus Vuia" Ethnographic Park from Cluj, the first open-air ethnographic museum in Romania and the sixth in Europe, is part of the Ethnographic Museum.

Avram Iancu Square


Avram Iancu Square in Cluj Napoca is the square who wore several names over time. Being located in the center of Cluj-Napoca, the square has a rich history and architecturally impressive buildings.

First name by that he wore was the Trencin Square after Ferenc Trencseni officer who fenced the area in the 1700s and used it to train soldiers.
Once liberated the area, it was decided to build an ornamental market.

MUSEUM SQUARE - CLUJ NAPOCA


The Museum Square, located in the heart of Cluj Napoca is one of the oldest markets in the city. It is named after Transilavnie History Museum that is in its end.

The Old City Square, over time wore several names. Small Square was known in the Middle Ages (zhe Big Square was that surrouns St. Michael Church), and Karolina Square in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Today is known as The Museum Square.

Union square Cluj Napoca


The Union Square is one of the oldest and central markets of Cluj Napoca. Is grouped around the St. Michael Church, the largest market by size of the old markets in central and southeastern Europe.

The original name was Large Square (while the old city center was the Small).

Cluj Napoca City Hall


Built in the late nineteenth century, the Cluj Napoca City Hall has an outstanding Viennese style baroque front and a corner tower with clock, that impresses with strength and sobriety that is released. The tower contains the county emblem (prefecture) of Cluj because its original purpose was to County headquarters.

Tailors Tower - Tailors Bastion


Built after the year 1405, Tailors Tower is part of the second chamber through the fortified walls and fortifications of the city raised in the first half of the fifteenth century and continued until the eighteenth century.

Tailors' Bastion and was named after the guild tailors who maintain and guard the city that was required at that point, the only bastion of the fortress which was fully preserved.